Thank you very much.
Copyrights and Trademarks: a cost–effective way to put an IP stake in the ground
Patents are often held out as the innovation industry ‘gold standard.’ However, copyrights and trademarks can be a cost–effective way to put a vital Intellectual Property stake in the ground by way of building value for your company and products.
- Basics about identifying and registering company-owned trademarks and copyrights, as differentiated from patents.
- Strategic decisions on how those impact company and product brand development and future value.
- Steps companies need to take, not only to deter infringers, but also to avoid infringing on the copyrights and trademarks of others.
- Details More >
USDA Rural Development Montana and Ravalli County Economic Development Authority to Host Small Business Workshop
Making Energy Work for Your Business & Funding Business & Community Projects
For many businesses, energy costs are among their highest variable expenses. Session A of the workshop will introduce the Rural Energy for America Program and will spotlight how businesses from western Montana have realized a return on their investment as a result of energy efficiency improvements or a renewable energy system.
In addition, USDA Rural Development has programs to help small businesses and communities to secure financing to meet business goals. Session B of this workshop More >
We are so proud of Amanda Schultz. Amanda has been honored by the 20 Under 40 program.
The annual 20 Under 40 awards recognize business people, entrepreneurs and employees in southwest Montana who have achieved success and improved the quality of life for others in their communities.
Amanda is the Director of the Montana Women’s Business Center at Prospera Business Network in Bozeman. RCEDA is a sub-center of the Montana Women’s Business Center. Our community is very grateful for the additional services available to all businesses in Ravalli County due to our terrific relationship with Amanda, Prospera and the MT WBC. The MT More >
Bitterroot Valley family stakes future on innovative wood products. Thanks very much to Perry Backus, reporter for the Ravalli Republic. This is a great article from Perry describing the innovations of a 3rd generation wood products family business. This is one of the original Bitterroot Valley wood productrs companies and companies like this are what make our communities strong. Thank you Lindsy and Nathan Bean and Jim Edinger! As an added bonus B.E. Forest Products is located in Stevensville’s Light Industrial Tax Increment Finance District.
Montana CiderWorks, Darby, Montana.
Apples return to Bitterroot: Montana CiderWorks earns more accolades. Thanks very much to Perry Backus, reporter for the Ravalli Republic. What a great story on Lee McAlpines’ cider apple orchard and award winning cidery.
Way to go Lee McAlpine and Montana CiderWorks. Lee’s ciders just received CHAMPION status in the Best of the Northwest 2014, Sip North West, Traditional category with Darby Pub Cider and for Single Varietal with my favorite Newtown Pipin. The later was made from juice that came from Frost Top Orchard in Corvallis.
- Champion: Montana CiderWorks Darby Pub
- 2nd Place: Whitewood Cider Co. Old Fangled
- 3rd Place: Portland Cider Co. Sorta Sweet
- Champion: Montana CiderWorks Newtown Pippin
- 2nd Place (tie): Finnegan Cider Semi Dry and Traditions Ciderworks Riverwood Orchard
- 3rd Place: Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider Revelation Newtown Pippin
- *Discover personal accountability & its rewards
- *Frame interactions with others that create action
- *Exceed expectations. . . rise above the circumstances
- *Explore the power of resistance, when left below the surface, it gains momentum – which leaves everyone impaired
- *Understand how to win results through accountability leadership
- *Learn how to mindfully shape a workplace culture
- (download flyer)
JSEC Fall Seminar Hamilton, MT October 23, 2014 9 AM to Noon Hamilton City Hall Bedford Bldg. (223 S. 2nd St. – Hamilton, MT)
Only $40 per person with 3 or more registrations from same company or $45 per person.More >
Montanans across Big Sky Country will celebrate the third annual Montana Forest Products Week this year, October, 17-24th. Montana’s Legislature established this week in 2011 to honor our forest products industry–extending appreciation for:
Events are planned for each day of the week throughout the state to highlight the benefits our forests provide to Montana’s citizens. You will have the opportunity to visit active forest management and restoration projects, get a firsthand look at local forest products and processing facilities and engage in dialogue about More >
Save your business legal headaches and bills as well as lost productivity time – learn the basic rules of sound Human Resource Management. Course covers frequent problem areas in Human Resources: Wage and Hour Laws, Hiring Processes, Progressive Discipline, Benefits of Contractor vs. Employee, Tax Credits when hiring, On-the-Job Training, Incumbent Worker Training, Wrongful Termination, required Employer Posters, and more!
Instructor: Bitterroot Job Service Staff
Class date: Thursday, February 26, 2015 (more…)